
I feel like I've been fortunate to have done a fair amount of international travel. The one place I am desperate to visit, however, is England! I'm thinking 2012 for the London Olympics.
The problem I'm having with this is that I would have to expose my eyes to their logo. Is something wrong with me or is their logo a little...kooky? Granted, I have a designer for a husband who is constantly training and challenging me in color, branding techniques, logos, etc. I also understand that the 80's are coming back...whatever. But, c'mon! Bright pink, difficult to read...it's just not good.
I know I'm biased but I really liked the 1998 Nagano Olympics. I was living in Tokyo at the time and the atmosphere was electric. Plus, those cute little snowlet owls as the mascot was fun and entertaining.


I have no doubt that the London Olympics will be amazing and I would love to visit. I even have a friend who has been working on the London Olympic Committee for years now. I know the enormous amount of controversy this logo has presented the city of London so I'm apprehensive to ask him about it. I'm just hoping I will grow to like their logo by 2012. How do you feel?
No comments:
Post a Comment