Has anyone heard of the Shimizu Pyramid? Japan has developed the plans for an enormous pyramid to sit in Tokyo Bay and house close to one million people. A huge hollow structure that could withstand tsunami, hurricane and earthquake, this structure would be made out of carbon nanotubes.
This dream city would ease the strain on Tokyo, where people are packed in like sardines. It also has the potential to save thousands of lives by blocking strong tsunami waves from crashing into the "mainland".
Although there aren't plans to build this pyramid yet, the Japanese are always testing their design and engineering feats. I love thinking about how amazing it would be see Shimizu built and maybe even move there myself. Driverless pods could torpedo people throughout the structure and...imagine the views. I love the Japanese!
1 comment:
I have to say, that would be pretty cool. Maybe we could be neighbors!
Post a Comment